Gymnastics, Tumbling & Swimming Classes in Philadelphia & South Jersey
Gymnastic,Cheer, Flip Classes Fall 2020 9/14 – 12/5
We hope everyone had a happy and healthy Summer!
Keep your kids active this Fall with Gymnastics, Cheerleading, and Flips! It’s so important to keep our kids developing physically as well as mentally. Our programs will help each student develop their motor skills, coordination, flexibility, strength, and physical awareness of their surroundings. With that in mind we are very excited for our Fall Programs to start this week! Our 12 Week Session runs from 9/14 – 12/5. There have been changes made to fit all the new Standards and Regulations set forth by the Governor and CDC. We have limited the number of students per hour, have set the space up so each group will social distance from one another, and we clean the equipment between each group.
We are offering POD style classes for private groups and our traditional Rec style classes.
Beginner, Intermediate, Intermediate Plus, and Advanced Gymnastics Classes for ages 6 – 13
Flips and Tricks Classes for ages 6 – 12
Session Dates – September 14th – December 5th
– Daytime Classes
Private POD style classes available for groups of 4 or more (offered Monday – Thursday between 1:00pm – 4:oopm)
– The group can be set up to do a weekly class or classes between 1 – 3 hours
Rec Classes that we’re working on putting groups together now
– Let us know what days/times works for you and we’ll put groups together
– Evening/Saturday Classes (Rec Class days/times, POD groups can be set up during these times as well)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 4:15pm – 5:15pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday – 5:45pm – 6:45pm or 7:15pm (Advanced classes are 1 1/2 hours)
Saturday 10:00am – 1:40pm
Pricing – 1 hour Class – $300 for one class a week for 12 weeks
1 1/2 hour Class – $380 for one class a week for 12 weeks
Registration (September 1st 2020 – August 31st 2021) – $30 for one student or $50 for a family with more then one student
856 795 4599 Facebook
Girls Gymnastics Program
(ages 6 – 11, 1 hour)
Children have a great time moving safely through appropriately designed circuits that focus on specific aspects of gymnastics. Warm-up stretching, flexibility, strength and body control are continually reinforced throughout our programs. In addition, short specialized activities promoting happy healthy children may be included during in each class. Examples of specialized activities include the use of a colorful parachute, ribbons, balloons, and bean bags to name a few.
Tiny Tumblers Program
(ages 3 – 6, 1 hour)
These classes focus on developing each student’s motor skills, strength, balance, and coordination while teaching them the fundamentals of gymnastics. All skills are spotted by an instructor until each student can perform the task safely on their own.
- Stretch – 10 minutes
- Floor – Rolls, lunge, sea saw, handstand, cartwheel, handspring over a barrel mat with a spotter
- Beam – Standing and walking with balance, crawling, hoping, jumping
- Bars – Hanging, jump to support, casts, forward roll, chin up pull over with a spotter
- Vault -Bounce with feet together, donkey kicks, Jump properly off Vault Block
- Trampoline – Bouncing skills, Jump sequences, seat drops, spins
Parent & Child
(ages 2 – 3 ½, 50 mins)
These classes focus on developing each student’s motor skills, strength, balance, and coordination while teaching them the fundamentals of motion and gymnastics. All motions are presented to the student and all skills are spotted by an instructor until each student can perform the task safely on their own. Parents are on the floor to help keep the students organized along with learning what the kids are doing, in case they do it at home.
- Stretch – 10 minutes
- Floor – Rolls, donkey kick, lunge, sea saw, cartwheel hops, jumping, bouncing
- Beam – Standing and walking comfortably with balance
- Bars – Hanging, push to support, little swings, forward roll (when ready)
- Vault – Bouncing (or leg pumping) with feet together, donkey kicks onto block, jumping to two feet off block
- Play activities – Ribbons, paddles, balloons, parachute
Each student must try out before joining
The Gymnastics and Cheerleading Academy has three competitive gymnastics team programs:
3) In-House Team
Flips and Courses
(ages 6 - 12, 1 hour)
Our Flips and Courses class is a combination of warrior style obstacle courses, parkour, tricking, flipping, and extreme balance training. Parkour is a newer form of “acrobatics,” that originated in France and has made its way around the world.
These acrobatic skills are basic forms of gymnastics and are best mastered in an environment tailored for extreme tricks.
(ages 6 - 12, 1 hour)
GCA offers Cheer Tumble Classes on Thursdays at 5:30 and Saturdays at 12:10. These are 1 hour classes that focus on developing and mastering tumbling skills and jumps. Cheer tumble classes are non-competitive.