Gymnastics, Tumbling & Swimming Classes in Philadelphia & South Jersey
Our 2019 Summer Class Registration has begun! Give us a call, 856 795 4599, with any questions.
Girls Gymnastics Program
Children have a great time moving safely through appropriately designed circuits that focus on specific aspects of gymnastics. Warm-up stretching, flexibility, strength and body control are continually reinforced throughout our programs. In addition, short specialized activities promoting happy healthy children may be included during in each class. Examples of specialized activities include the use of a colorful parachute, ribbons, balloons, and bean bags to name a few.
Tiny Tumblers Program
(ages 3 – 6, 50 mins)
These classes focus on developing each student’s motor skills, strength, balance, and coordination while teaching them the fundamentals of gymnastics. All skills are spotted by an instructor until each student can perform the task safely on their own.
- Stretch – 10 minutes
- Floor – Rolls, lunge, sea saw, handstand, cartwheel, handspring over a barrel mat with a spotter
- Beam – Standing and walking with balance, crawling, hoping, jumping
- Bars – Hanging, jump to support, casts, forward roll, chin up pull over with a spotter
- Vault -Bounce with feet together, donkey kicks, Jump properly off Vault Block
- Trampoline – Bouncing skills, Jump sequences, seat drops, spins
Parent & Child
(ages 2 – 3 ½, 45 mins)
These classes focus on developing each student’s motor skills, strength, balance, and coordination while teaching them the fundamentals of motion and gymnastics. All motions are presented to the student and all skills are spotted by an instructor until each student can perform the task safely on their own. Parents are on the floor to help keep the students organized along with learning what the kids are doing, in case they do it at home.
- Stretch – 10 minutes
- Floor – Rolls, donkey kick, lunge, sea saw, cartwheel hops, jumping, bouncing
- Beam – Standing and walking comfortably with balance
- Bars – Hanging, push to support, little swings, forward roll (when ready)
- Vault – Bouncing (or leg pumping) with feet together, donkey kicks onto block, jumping to two feet off block
- Play activities – Ribbons, paddles, balloons, parachute
Each student must try out before joining
The Gymnastics and Cheerleading Academy has three competitive gymnastics team programs:
3) In-House Team
Flips and Courses
Our Flips and Courses class is a combination of warrior style obstacle courses, parkour, tricking, flipping, and extreme balance training. Parkour is a newer form of “acrobatics,” that originated in France and has made its way around the world.
These acrobatic skills are basic forms of gymnastics and are best mastered in an environment tailored for extreme tricks.
GCA offers Cheer Tumble Classes on Thursdays at 5:30 and Saturdays at 12:10. These are 1 hour classes that focus on developing and mastering tumbling skills and jumps. Cheer tumble classes are non-competitive.